ABOUT THE EVENT
- When and where will this year’s Oktoberfest be held?
This most-awaited traditional German beer festival will take place on October 17 – 19 (Thursday – Sunday) from 6 pm to 2 am at Solaire Oktoberfest Tent. Entrance is located at The Gallery, ground floor of The Shoppes.
- What makes this year’s Oktoberfest special?
This year’s event is the biggest and most authentic Oktoberfest in town. It is expected to attract more than 6,000 guests over the three-day celebration. A grand showcase of German culture, the event will feature a 12-man German band flown in from Munich (Bavarian Sound Express), free flow German beer (Weihenstephaner) and food (German sausages, pork knuckles, pretzels etc prepared by our German chef), German host and waitresses, German beer benches as well as German dance and games. As much as 25,000 liters of wheat beer and Oktoberfest beer from Weihenstephan, the world’s oldest brewery, will be served during the event. Guests can also get a chance to win prizes during the games and lucky draws.
This year is also special as this is the first time that German Club Manila and Solaire Resort has partnered for Oktoberfest. The German Club Manila’s Oktoberfest is the longest-running and largest Oktoberfest tradition in the Philippines. This year marks the German Club’s 80th Oktoberfest celebration. After more than a decade of holding Oktoberfest at another hotel (Sofitel), German Club Manila has moved their Oktoberfest celebration to Solaire Resort.
- How big is the Oktoberfest tent?
The Solaire Oktoberfest Tent is 2,400 sqm. and can seat up to 2,200 guests per day.
- What is the German Club Manila?
The German Club was founded in 1886 as a social club and assumed the name Deutscher Klub (German Club) in 1906. Today the German Club prides itself in being a home away from home for its multinational members and distinguished guests. Providing comfortable ambiance, superior food and beverages as well as warm club atmosphere, it is conducive to private family gatherings or business communications. Ever since its founding, the members of the German Club Manila have felt a strong commitment towards the Philippines and its people. For over a century the German Club Manila has helped the poor, supported the underprivileged in the Philippines.
- Why did Solaire Resort and German Club partner for this event?
“The German Club is a 112-year-old membership club in Manila, and this year, we are celebrating our biggest Oktoberfest yet. We are very delighted to continue this tradition in the Philippines and celebrate the occasion with our Filipino friends. We are pleased to have a new partner in Solaire.” says German Club President Tobias Rast.
Solaire is the ideal partner to host German Club Manila’s annual highlight event. Aside from its expertise in staging international and local events, Solaire is also home to the country’s finest bars and restaurants, who continue to provide impeccable culinary flavors and world-class service.
“As one of Manila’s premier destinations, we only aim to give the best experiences to our guests. We are honored and thrilled to be hosting this year’s Oktoberfest, and we want to make it even more memorable by ensuring that everything’s authentic – the beers, the food, and the entertainment. It’ll truly put the spotlight on the best of German culture.” says Bastian Breuer, Vice President of Food & Beverage at Solaire Resort & Casino.
- What is the dress code?
Smart casual or German traditional outfit (lederhosen or dirndl)
- Are kids allowed?
No kids are allowed. Guests should be 18-year old and above.
- Where can I buy tickets?
The public can purchase tickets online via https://oktoberfest-manila.yapsody.com or directly at German Club. Solaire guests and members can also get tickets at Solaire Box Office/Ticketworld counter.
- Oktoberfest Ticket Gateway – https://oktoberfest-manila.yapsody.com
- German Club – Guests can buy tickets in their office located at 5F Penthouse, Eurovilla II Bldg., 118 V.A Rufino St., Legazpi Village, Makati City. They can be reached thru email address firstname.lastname@example.org and contact number 818-4236.
- Solaire guests and Solaire Reward members can also get tickets at Solaire Box Office, which is open from 12 noon to 9 pm daily.
- Tickets will also be available on event day at the door.
- What does the ticket include?
The ticket holder is entitled to one-day entry and given a wristband based on their designated zone. They are also given a German beer mug, which they can take home. Ticket holders can enjoy free flow German food and beer and midnight snack buffet.
- What if Iost my wristband?
No wristband, no entry.
- Can I go in and out of the tent?
Yes, with the provided wristband you can go in and out of the tent.
- How can I get a discount for the event?
There are corporate and group discounts, as well as early bird discounts. Please refer to ticket prices.
RESERVATIONS AND CANCELLATIONS
- Can we choose our table?
Table will be assigned by German Club. Guests may only choose among the 4 zones (Beergarden, Premium B, Premium A, and VIP ).
- What is the table capacity?
10 persons per table; 8 persons per VIP table
- Do you take a reservation for 2 pax or 4 pax only?
Yes, Smaller groups will have to join tables with other groups.
- Can I cancel my reservation, what is the cancellation policy?
German Club policy of NO REFUND will apply.
FOOD AND DRINKS POLICIES
- When will the food be served?
Free flow food will be served from 6 pm to 10:30 pm followed by midnight snack buffet until 2 am.
- Can I buy food or beer only?
No, it’s an all-inclusive package price
- Can I take food or beer out of the tent/home?
No, all is for consumption within the tent
- Can I buy additional beverages?
Yes, there is a cash bar available for additional purchases
- Can I bring my own food or beverage?
No, food or beverage from outside is not allowed inside the tent
- After Oktoberfest, where can we go?
Guests can go to Lucky Noodles and Dragon Bar which are open 24 hours.
- Is smoking allowed at the tent?
Yes, only at the designated smoking areas. There are 2 separate smoking areas at both ends of the tent.
- Where can we buy cigar/tobacco?
These items will be available inside the tent.
SAFETY AND HEALTH
- Is the place safe?
Yes. There are Fire, Life, Safety and Security team on standby.
- Is there any medical assistance provided in case of emergency?
Yes. There are Emergency Response teams on standby.
- Where are the nearest washrooms?
In The Shoppes gallery and near Waterside.
- Is there wi-fi at the tent?
There’s wireless Internet all around Solaire and at the tent. Guests should select Solaire Guest wi-fi. Access is free and unlimited.
- Where is the nearest ATM in Solaire?
There are various ATMs of major banks available in the property. The closest is BDO in The Shoppes near Abe restaurant.
- What are the operating hours of the Casino? How can we get there?
The casino is operated 24 hrs. Direction from all entrance doors of Solaire.
- How do we book a room if we decide to stay in Solaire overnight after the event?
Please call our reservations team thru 888.8888 for room booking inquiries.
- Are there any souvenirs to be sold?
- Are there any giveaways?
Oktoberfest mug can be taken home for free
- Are there any air condition units since it’s an open area?
Yes, the tent is fully air-conditioned and enclosed except for the smoking area that is semi outdoor with a cover
- How long does it take to get to Solaire from Makati, BGC, Alabang?
Around 30 mins. About PHP300 from major commercial areas by Grab.
- Is free parking available?
Yes. Free parking is available, it’s recommended to park at The Theater car park. Chargeable Valet parking is also available.
- Can we avail of the free shuttle service?
Only SRC members can enjoy the free shuttle service to and from Solaire to SM MOA.